Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Pure Genius...

Okay, many of you are going to think that what I'm about to write is crazy...so be it. The above threesome is a band called Obadiah Parker from Phoenix, Az. I was sitting in the Mockingbird Cafe here in the Bay answering e-mail, etc. and I got an .mp3 from my little sister Hayden. It was listed as an acoustic cover of "Hey Ya!" by the pop band OutKast. I thought to myself, "Boy I'm glad I just downloaded 4.5 mb of that!" But then in a blessed moment iTunes opened and it played. Listen to me- DOWNLOAD this file. Just do it. I would say that this may be the most artistically creative cover work I've ever heard. It is remarkable and the Grizzly Adams fella on the left has an unreal voice. I think they are believers to boot- that would just be gravy- they certainly aren't awkward evangelicals. Enjoy this and let's hear some chatter in the ole comment section for "Obadiah Parker"!
Download the song right here (to save it to your hard drive right-click 'save target as')

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great song, I've never heard of this band, but they're great. Thanks for the download.

jersey ryn said...

testimonial:
there i was, sitting outside the mockingbird, scrounging their wireless, when my pastor comes running out wanting to pollute my itunes with outkast. little did i know, that song would change my life.
ps doesn't the guy on the right look like remington?

Anonymous said...

I have to comment, it is a great cover...

...James said...

Amazing, I love it! Myself and a classmate at the Free Church College (Edinburgh) do a similar acoustic version of Hey Ya, but we sing 'Preach it like a Calvinist preacher' instead of 'shake it like a polaroid picture.'

Apparently, Outkast popularised the literal shaking of Polaroid pictures so much that Polaroid had to issue a statement warning against overshaking your pictures, or they won't turn out properly.

Great seeing your blog and the great work going on at Laignappe.

James Eglinton
Inverness