Saturday, September 09, 2006

5 feet, 9 1/2 inches

A man must know when he has been beaten. Tuesday I went to the doctor here in the Bay, they weighed me and then she measured my height. I was wearing shoes that probably have 1/2 inch soles on them and she very casually verbalized as she wrote, "5 feet, 9 1/2 inches, okay you can hop down." Sure, I can hop down can't I! Not such a long hop for a Hobbit! Hey, Rumplestiltskin why don't you repel down from that scale platform and follow me, little guy! The above photo was the beginning of the slippery slope of my emasculation. This past summer, I challenged Haley Darylimple to a 'Who's taller' contest? She was wearing heels as the picture clearly shows and obviously cheating. I can't remember the exact occasion of the picture, but I remember it being a great night, wonderful food and dear friends (minus Haley). Haley should be at the conference in Atlanta this weekend...I plan to bring some platform shoes and try again, but at a miserable 5'9" (once you remove the shoes) I imagine that I will just have to embrace being vertically challenged. P.S. Haley, you were right! (P.S.S. What rhymes with 'Pig Arby'?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Jean, you're taller than Jimmy Buffet.

Anonymous said...

Darylimple...that's a new one!

Anonymous said...

I think Haley was on her knees. B.D.