Monday, September 04, 2006

Mrs. Haley Barbour, First Lady of Mississippi

You may have seen the recent post on our other blog that shows us at the Governor's prayer breakfast in Jackson, Mississippi. We joined Lagniappe friend Charles Irby for the breakfast and he was kind enough to introduce me to Mrs. Barbour. She was a kind person and has a real passion to help the people of the coast. Mississippi is blessed to have her in the Governor's mansion. She mentioned to me, "Haley couldn't be everywhere. I had to go down to the coast and be his eyes for him." Maybe somewhere in the future I've got some politics in the Larroux blood- it will take the right people around me, but I think I'd love it!

1 comment:

dani said...

Jean! Last night Spencer excitedly announced to me as I was dosing off to sleep that he had finally "found you". I said, "what do you mean, we knew where they went?". "no, he said- I found his blog and website". haha! We are like orphans who have just found their parents for the first time. We miss you guys so much! I wanted to send you guys a note, but didn't have your address. Could you send it to me? I would send cookies too but I figured they would arrive crusty- which would imply that i'm a bad cook. Which is just not true, or the I thought the alligators would get them before you. haha! Anyway, we miss you guys. Please give Kim and the girls a hug. I would say little Jean too, so as not to leave him out... but he doesn't know us. haha! Affectionately, Danielle & Spencer