Thursday, October 26, 2006

Hayden come home...

It is late Wednesday evening....I have been on the verge of death for 3 days....no joke. The above photo was from our first trip to the Bay following Katrina. My sister Hayden, a registered nurse had to give me an IV in order to keep me hydrated. As of Tuesday I am unsure if I had any fluids left in my body- I would have given away almost anything for a liter of saline. What a week... I would ask for your prayers for me, life is quite heavy right now, suffice to say that my physical afflictions have been paralleled by God's desire dehydrate me of EVERYTHING but Himself. There is an old hymn whose chorus is 'what ere my God ordains is right'- that is so true. In all of that it is abundantly clear that He does indeed love me, protect me, cherish me and truly free me to be honest with Him and others. Oh, these blessed days in the Bay- dear friends I can tell you with absolute resolve- the God you have read about is REAL. He is alive. He will not be restrained. He is NOT safe and He will do as He pleases. It is good and as a dear friend told me recently, "God will take care of everything." So simple, yet profound. I will rest (perhaps collapse) there- it is all that I have and that is a good place to be (at least that's what I keep reading in His word- smile...). P.S. That photo above was taken in September of 2005 - 13 months ago- I think I've aged 10 years....scarry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you need Jean?? I am so sorry you are sick! Get to the hospital old man! Seriously, do you need anything at all? I saw your mom at Walmart yesterday and she didnt mention you were so sick! Let me know if you or Kim need anything... help with driving the kids, food, errands etc....

~tina

hayden said...

Believe me...there are some days when the desire to come home is overwhelming...those days following Katrina I thought I would go crazy there in the Bay...think it is that desire that longs to be in a place that knows pain, but brother, how they know the love better.
Hang in there poo-poo (that nickname suits you after these few days)!!!! Lassie come home. More gatorade.

jersey ryn said...

please don't die!
and be proud of me--even after the whole egg roll scare, i'm still going with the habitat girls to chopsticks tonight. :)

jersey ryn said...

don't die, please!
also, be proud--even after the egg roll scare, i'm still going with the habitat girls to chopsticks tonight. :)