Thursday, October 12, 2006

My Sister's Wedding.....

Mr. and Mrs. Steven Hoffman were married on Saturday, October 7th in Charleston, West Virginia. The dress was J. Crew, the bride was stunning and the surroundings were provided by Hayden's father in heaven. They were married outdoors in one of the most appropriate settings I have ever seen.

It is obvious from this photo, but it must be said- Hayden and Steve really have a passion for one another that is striking. The three of us all wept at different times during the ceremony struck by the beauty of what was being said and the life awaiting them. It would be impossible for me to convey all of the thoughts I had- such beauty, such mercy from God. When He gives a gift it is beyond our wildest expectations- Steve and Hayden are both that gift for one another. On a side note: my sister has to be the most LOW-MAINTENANCE bride in history she got her hair done 4 hours before the wedding by a stylist she'd never met at a salon that she chose because it was 'close to the hotel'- when the caterer asked her about the cake she replied, "Oh, yeah- I guess we do have to have one of those- let's do carrot!" (and they did by the way!)

This is my favorite photo from the entire lot- Hayden and my dad. What an appropriate picture! Hayden's face says everything.

Father Jean? Father? Jean? Okay, okay before I get e-mail confessions let's just say that not only priests wear collars- this was a great occasion to break out the ministerial collar and I got endless abuse from cousins, friends and my children. I hope you like it- I wish we could do a blog poll....We all got used to it- aren't my girls adorable?

Just so no one mistakes the beautiful, serious photos for a stoic time, that Larroux sense of humor is unstoppable- Hayden and my new brother in law- "Dieter" Hoffman never missed an opportunity to ham it up. This is the prom chair I used in 1987- something old, something new right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture of Hayden and her dad? Tears time, I'm afraid, though I can't say why. I guess no matter how old your baby bird is when you finally -- though figuratively -- kick it out of the nest, it always makes you cry. The wedding must have been beautiful; wish we had been there. And, by the way, you look quite handsome in that collar. Shame on anyone who jerked your chain about it. Thanks for the postings.
Love you to pieces,
Aunt Jeanne

Kenley said...

you look good in a clerical collar!
since you have been to Charleston, WV now you know why i can not settle in the Bay unless some mountains are imported.

Lord willing we will be there in about 10 november.

see ya'

Kenley

Anonymous said...

hayden looks absolutely beautiful - so happy for her!!