Thursday, January 11, 2007

ToniSitting...

Last night was a long night. My mom really had a rough night. The doctor believes that her stomach is having spasms now. That makes her jump about every 15 to 30 seconds and wince in pain. It's hard to watch your mom in so much pain. They are giving her large amounts of pain medicine, but it makes her QUITE loopy. There are lots of fun halucinations that I can share when this actually becomes 'funny', but right now it is still difficult. They related to me that they did a full abdominal cut to reach the stomach and had to use several liters of fluid and rinse the entire cavity out. I imagine it is something like being punched in the stomach from the inside for an extended period of time. They are giving her something for the spasms, but it doesn't seem to be enough. Hooray- they just came in with Demerol 50 (I think that's what they said) The nurse just raised her eyebrows and said, "This will ease the pain- she'll be asleep soon..." I thought to myself, "Can we make that a double? How 'bout a little somethin' somethin' for the son?" No luck. Thanks for the prayers and the text messages...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have emailed the prayer chain at Faith Pres in Gainesville, Fl about Toni's condition and are praying for her and all of your family. Amazing how fast we can get the word out these days! Be of strong courage and try to giggle occasionally...good for the blood pressure! It's going to be quite a week, brother...and so it begins...

Anonymous said...

Jean: I have been praying much for my new friend, Toni, and when I get down there I hope she is much, much better. Please share with her my concern and give her my love. Becky D.

Anonymous said...

Just heard last night about your mother. I am so sorry. Want you to know that I am praying for her! We love you! Mary Beth for all the Marino's