Friday, January 26, 2007

Late evening from Asheville, N.C.,

I'm in Asheville, N.C. having preached at Arden Presbyterian here for their missions festival. The trip began in Jackson, Mississippi at Pear Orchard Presbyterian's mission's conference which was wonderful- lots of old friends and memories there...I spoke to a Sunday school 'sip and see' (usually reserved for seeing newborns, but that's what it feels like as a missionary when everyone is drinking coffee and just looking at you as you talk). I also had the opportunity to speak to a 5th grade class- more on my level, very fun. I flew to Asheville, spoke that night, studied & rested today and I'm flying to Lexington, KY to speak at Tate's Creek Presbyterian all weekend. John Sartelle is the senior minister there and a fellow pastor from my days at IPC in Memphis- I can't wait to see him and Janet. It's been a long trip already and I'm blogging at 1:15 a.m. so I'd better hit the sack...p.s. if they put the Arden message online I'll post it- it was a great night!

No comments: