Saturday, January 27, 2007

Lexington, Kentucky

I am a the home of a dear friend in Lexinton, Kentucky. I am speaking at Tate's Creek Presbyterian Church this weekend for their mission's conference and staying with John and Janet Sartelle. John and I stayed up til' 1:15 a.m. talking about Lagniappe AND life- He is so merciful and kind...he is also fun...we had some fabulous red wine and then great bourbon (when in Kentucky do as the Kentuckians...) I am studying for tomorrow's message, "Bad people make good missionaries" and then we are going to sightsee the rest of the day. John gave me a prayer by Luther to read before bed. It is an appropriate prayer for my life. They are listed in a book called Luther's Prayers under the heading 'Short and fervent petitions'. This particular prayer is called 'For help in the time of need': "Dear God, in the midst of anguish and need, I am in great trouble. My brother has his trials which the devil increases. This is not the time to ask whether I am godly or worthy. Help me now in this time of need, as you said you would. Amen." - Martin Luther

No comments: